01 Sep Sell Your Home Fast – Capitalise On Stamp Duty Holiday Demand
We know many homeowners aren’t contemplating selling their home right now. If you have more important things to focus on, that should be where you concentrate your time and energy. However, we know many vendors are keen to sell their home right now, and we know the recent stamp duty changes have encouraged many homeowners to consider making a move soon.
At Anthony Jones, we are pleased to say we have assisted many vendors connect with buyers in and around Darlington. If you are looking to sell your home soon to make the most of the stamp duty changes and associated demand, we are here to assist you.
Key points of stamp duty changes
The key points of the stamp duty holiday, implemented by the Chancellor of the Exchequer on 8th July, are:
- Stamp duty threshold is now £500,000
- This increase in stamp duty threshold is set to run until 31st March 2021
- The increase in stamp duty threshold takes place immediately
Naturally, most of the focus has fallen on buyers, and how they are helped by this measure. Of course, buyers and vendors are connected, and good news for buyers can be of benefit to vendors.
An increase in willing buyers creates a platform for vendors to enter the market, increasing the supply of homes. In turn, this will hopefully encourage more buyers to enter the market, resulting in a cyclical process that boosts the market.
Mark Hayward is the Chief Executive of NAEA Propertymark and he said; “With housing market activity picking back up this summer after a two-month hiatus, it’s more important than ever to go the extra mile and take every possible measure to help your property stand out. If you are looking to sell your home this summer, turn to your local NAEA Propertymark estate agent to guide you in the right direction and help you ensure all new safety measures are complied with, to increase your chances of a speedy sale.”
NAEA Propertymark has also issued the following tips to help vendors connect with buyers when selling their home this summer and autumn:
- Spend some time in the garden creating a favourable and welcoming style
- Opt for a neutral décor, keeping decorations simple so as to provide prospective buyers with a blank slate
- Make the condition of your windows a priority when improving your home
- Make sure all DIY repair work is taken care of
- If you have a pet at home, make sure all nasty pet odours are removed before welcoming likely buyers
- Ensure your home is up to date with safety features and measures
If you are looking for help with any matter of the Darlington property market, it is best to speak to property professionals. No one knows for sure what is going to happen next, so we won’t claim to have all the answers, but the Anthony Jones team is keen to help you as best we can. If you would like to contact us over housing matters, please call us today on 01325 776424.