04 Mar Feng Shui your way to a better property sale
Feng Shui your way to a better property sale
At Anthony Jones Properties we look at every possible way of ensuring that every home we are marketing has the best possible chance of being sold for the highest price in the shortest amount of time.
I read a lot of estate agency and property industry magazines and websites to stay on the ball and hear about new ideas and ways of marketing people’s homes. We believe that properly staged and presented properties have a much better chance of achieving a quick sale.
An article which caught my eye last week was from America. It said how estate agents (or realtors as they’re known across the pond) were calling in Feng Shui experts in a bid to make homes sell quickly and for the best price.
So what is Feng Shui?
Feng Shui literally translates to “wind water” in Chinese and it’s ancient study of the flow of fluids through a room, which they say impacts the mood and “flow” of a space. Its based on the philosophy of positioning objects and buildings to maximise a positive flow of energy and, many believe, to create good luck.
In Taiwan, all estate agents are trained to know basic Feng Shui!
Feng Shui has been around for 5,000 years, so it’s nothing new. You might think it’s all a bit New Age but some Feng Shui principles are actually just common sense.
Read these five ways Feng Shui can help sell your home and decide for yourself.
- Arrange your living room so that people who walk in aren’t met with the backs of furniture. i.e. sofas.
- Keep a lid on it. Yes I’m talking about your loo. Feng Shui experts believe that water is linked to money and the toilet is one place that water (money) ‘escapes’. Even if you don’t buy this theory, keep your lid closed anyway. It just looks better.
- Place thriving plants or flowers in the corners of rooms. This gives the property energy and life according to Feng Shui.
- Less is more. Feng Shui experts share estate agents’ beliefs when it comes to clutter. Their view is get rid of it to create a good flow of energy in every room.
- Let go. This is an interesting one and I’ve seen this before. Sometimes people subconsciously don’t want their homes to sell for whatever reason. In this situation, they advise sitting down and thinking about why you want or need to sell and why it’s for the best.
So what do you think? Is FS full of BS? Or can it really change people’s lives and make homes more saleable?
Thanks for reading.
Want to get a SOLD sign outside your property quicker? Call Tony and our team on 01325-776424 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for honest, expert and friendly advice.