26 Sep Home Security Measures To Boost Property Value
While we haven’t had much of a summer to write home about, autumn is on its way and winter isn’t too far behind. This means the nights become darker, which means this time of year is always a good time to review the security options of your home.
All property owners should review their security measures on a regular basis. The confidence and peace of mind which comes from knowing your home is robust enough to ward off potential break-ins is comforting.
However, if you are planning on selling your home, there are benefits associated with improving the security standards around your home. Prospective buyers are looking for a secure property, and if you have dependable measures in place already, your home will become more appealing to likely buyers.
Connect with likely buyers through security measures
In a competitive marketplace, this might make all the difference in attracting attention or in encouraging a buyer to make an offer on your Darlington home.
If you plan on selling your house, contact a local estate agent who knows the market. At Anthony Jones, we are happy to arrange a property valuation for you. A realistic valuation is the ideal starting point when it comes to connecting with buyers, and this information allows you to plan your next move with greater confidence.
Key benefits of improving home security include:
- By improving the standard of home security, you go some way to securing your valuables
- Home security features deter crime
- Home security provides excellent peace of mind
- Many people are looking for remote access to their property, which these features offer
- You can lower your insurance costs by improving your home security
- You can make your home more attractive to buyers and boost the property value
- You will feel more confident about the safety of loved ones
The right deterrent works wonders
It is best to proactive when securing your home, and the following deterrents can make a massive difference in ensuring you aren’t the victim of a robbery or break-in:
- A CCTV system is a major investment, but it is a huge deterrent
- A smart doorbell solution offers an affordable solution
- Wireless door and window alarms also offer affordable solutions
- Check your locks, looking out for damage or natural wear and tear
- Call out a locksmith to test and review your locks and entry points
- Look out for good deals on security equipment and materials
It is never a bad idea to change your habits
You should also review your habits in case you have developed bad traits or steps which place your property at risk – consider the following tips:
- Ensure all valuables are stored out of sight
- If you can, install timer switches that give the impression someone is in your home
- If you are away from home and have a trusted friend, family member or neighbour, ask them to pop in and look around, also, they will ensure nothing piles up at your front door
If you are looking for help with any matter of the Darlington property market, it is best to speak to property professionals. No one knows for sure what is going to happen next, so we won’t claim to have all the answers, but the Anthony Jones team is keen to help you as best we can. If you would like to contact us over housing matters, please call us today on 01325 776424.