19 Apr What do Buyers want in a Garden?
At Anthony Jones Properties, we love the Spring and when the clocks go forward. The days are longer, the evenings much lighter and people are starting to venture outside again.
Put simply most people love being outside when the better weather arrives.
When spring takes centre stage, people tend to feel happier and serious buyers get out and about in droves.
However, some people who prepare their home for sale either fail to ensure their garden looks as attractive as possible.
At Anthony Jones Properties we have many prospective buyers giving us their property wish list. A garden is very often on those lists.
What do buyers want in a garden?
In some cases, people are even more specific and state their new home MUST have a south or west facing garden so they can soak up the most hours of sunshine.
Additionally, consider the following:
- Make sure your garden is designed so it is balanced and feels like part of the house. A clever design will also make a garden appear larger than it is by using certain vistas and viewpoints.
- Decking has a short shelf life, especially soft wood, which can be slippery and look cheap and unattractive. I spend a lot of time designing gardens to replace decking. Paved is permanent and will give you a solid base to work with.
- Lighting allows your garden to become a useable space at night. It also doesn’t have to cost a fortune.
- Use props. Outdoor furniture helps potential buyers visualise how their garden could look. An outdoor kitchen area or BBQ for a family home can also add value, showing how functional the space can be.
- If you have a shed, consider making it blend in with the garden – it’s all about creating an illusion and a lifestyle buyers can relate to.
A good garden can be a huge plus point for buyers, especially those with young children or planning a family.
You don’t have to be Alan Titchmarsh or Monty Don to make it more appealing. At the very least you should make sure it is tidy, clutter-free and colourful if possible.
A trip to the garden centre should provide a lot of ideas about how you can breathe new life into your garden.
So don’t just think outside of the box when getting your property prepared for sale – think outside of your home.
Thanks for reading and happy selling!
Want to get a SOLD or LET sign outside your property quicker? Call our team and our team on 01325-776424 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org for honest, expert and friendly advice.